Saturday, September 17, 2011

Saturday, Sept 17th, TGS and meeting the family

It's been a year and a half since my last Japan trip, and I'm at it again.

IMG_2803 IMG_2802

Yesterday I got in around 4:30 and Chika was at the airport to meet me after I got through customs (which went really fast). We got our JRail passes and then took the train from Chiba to Saitama (about an hour and a half). We stayed up a little late drinking some sake and talking. The sake was really smooth and had lots of gold flakes in it. It's a celebratory sake (お祝い), and they got it to welcome their daughter's new husband to Japan.

Today we woke up too early (stupid jetlag) and had breakfast with Chika's parents once they got up. Then we left around 10 to go to the Tokyo Game Show. That was a lot of fun, and I've wanted to go ever since I started studying Japanese, so it was nice to finally get a chance. The God of War : Origins Collection that we just finished working on was on display as well, and it's always nice to see people enjoying something you've worked on.

Then when we left the show there was an outlet mall nearby that we walked around for a bit, and then decided to head back since we were going to meet Chika's brother and his wife for dinner.

We got back around 6 (I think) and had a huge dinner. Her brother loves cooking (so much that he's planning on opening a restaurant someday) and he had some stuff that he'd made. Also they had just gotten back from a trip to Hokkaido, and they had brought back some stuff from there.

It was the first time Chika had met her brother's wife and the first time her brother had met me, and it was really nice to find that we all got along _really_ well. Her family has a great sense of humor and they're incredibly warm and inviting.

I've got some pictures, but I haven't uploaded them yet, so I'll edit this post once they're uploaded.

No comments: