Wednesday, February 27, 2008

着いた!!!

(That means "I'm here!!!") And, here I am, indeed. I'm finally in my room at the Shinjuku Washington Hotel. I'm exhausted, so I'll keep this short. I apologize for not taking any pictures at the airport, but I was a little stressed out.

When you get off the plane, you go through immigration, where they take your fingerprints and photo (newly introduced procedure). Then you get your luggage and head to customs. This all would have been easy (just waiting in lines and doing what you're told), but I sat there waiting for my luggage, and it never came. Finally, they sent a little sign around on the conveyor belt that just says "Last" to let you know that if you haven't seen your luggage by now .. you're screwed. So I started getting a little panicky, and was told to go to the "Luggage Information" counter. But the panic didn't last long, because I went to the counter, and my luggage was sitting on the ground beside it.

Then I rented a sim card for the phone I'm borrowing from Jeremy, and got my JRail pass for 3/5 - 3/18, and went back up to street level to catch a "Limousine Bus". Once I got on the bus, it was about an hour and a half ride to Shinjuku, and then I had to check in and put all my stuff away. Right now its 10:00pm (which they just write as 22:00) and so it's 5:00am back in California, and I still haven't gotten a decent rest since I left Mom's house at 3:00am(PST) this morning. Yea, 27 straight hours without sleep.

With that said, here are some pictures (one from just before I left this morning, and the rest from the limo bus), and a little video of my hotel room, and I'm going to sleep.

IMG_0427

IMG_0429

IMG_0434

IMG_0436

And here's a little walkthrough of my hotel room.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi...hope you get some sleep (but not too much - remember to get some SUN so help with jet lag).

thanks for taking the time to blog so we can see you are okay : ) (you know how moms are)

hotel room size says much about useable space in Japan.

cant wait to see/hear the next posting.

ENJOY

Mom

Anonymous said...

Haha, you're too tall for the mirror in the bathroom when standing. Do your feet fit on the bed or are you totally Tom Hanks in Big? I wanna be there instead of here in cold Canada :(

Derek

Anonymous said...

get some sleep!

most foreign countries must have a lot of problems with their plumbing backing up cause a lot of places have the raised step to get into the bathroom. i figured it was to prevent flooding the whole house if something backed up.

you will be the tallest person most places you go.

have fun!

gabe

p.s. Nolan started crawling yesterday so parenting just became exponentially more difficult. he tries to eat everything. he derives most of his nutrition from debris on our floor.