Saturday, February 20, 2010

Ebisu and Karaoke (Sat 2/20)

Today made the entire trip worth it. I started out going to Shinjuku and sitting at a coffee shop reading (or trying to) the Totoro book I bought at the Ghibli museum. That was nice. Then I took a train to Ebisu and sat at another coffee shop and read some more. That was also nice.

Then I met up with Mina and her friend Satomi for dinner. We had shabu shabu, and it was delicious.

IMG_0565

They tried speaking Japanese around me, and I did an okay job understanding what they were talking about, I think. Then we went to karaoke for a few hours, and that was the most fun I'd had in a while. Mina and Satomi were so much fun. And Satomi's singing voice is amazing. I seriously would have made this entire trip for only this evening. Thank you guys for keeping a lowly tourist some company =)

No comments: