Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Move to Shinjuku and Ebisu (Wed 2/17)

I moved from Ikebukuro to my Japanese teacher's apartment in Shinjuku today. Here's a little hotel room walkthrough I did just before I left.



I got to meet my Japanese teacher's mother, which was really interesting. She talked a little too fast, but I understood the important parts (don't leave the electric or gas things running otherwise you might risk starting a fire).

She brought me a bunch of things to eat, and I ended up just having these while I started a load of laundry. Thankfully, I had picked up a box of treats called Goma Tamago (sesame egg) for her from the train station.

IMG_0518

Then I ended up doing laundry all day .. so pretty boring, but I was going to meet up with Andrew's (a coworker of mine) friend he stayed with in Japan when he was an exchange student. It turns out that she was meeting 5 other girl friends in Ebisu. It was interesting being the only guy in a girl's night out. It was an interesting experience, and it was good to make some new friends. I just wish that _one_ of them had been single =)

No comments: